It’s a great time to pause and focus on how you will market your business.
For a few starters: it’s recommended by top business experts that you have 6-10 streams of marketing filling your funnel. AND…I want to make sure that you also understand that marketing doesn’t have to be expensive, but it does need to be effective.
So, today I am going to share the 5 key and crucial power tips that help make your campaigns a success. This is true if you are marketing online, your website, social media channels, a brochure, print ad, radio ad, billboard, and more.
1. Create a Crystal Clear Message: Most businesses jam pack their ads or marketing campaigns with tons of information about what they offer. However, that is just too overwhelming and not specific enough to grab potential clients eye. Remember that folks see on average 5000 ads per day now. So, it is now more important than ever to keep it simple and create a crystal clear message instead. *** Secret Tip: Come from your potential client’s perspective and see your business through their eyes and not yours. All your potential client cares about is what you can do for them.
2. Choose Multiple Mediums to Spread the Word About Your Campaign: Spreading the word means choosing multiple mediums and now more than ever there are TONS of places for you to spread the word even many for FREE. (Some experts say marketing is harder than ever right now, however I completely DISAGREE. Social Media, Video Marketing and the Internet leveled the playing field for the small business owner and now more than ever the opportunity is HUGE.) So, choose as many mediums as you can to spread your word based on your budget and choose wisely. There are many ways to get the word out there. I could name you 30 ideas off the bat.
3. Repetition, Repetition, Repetition: When you see a big brand store or business run a marketing campaign do they send it out only one time? HECK NO! They repeat the same marketing campaign (or tweak it a little bit) and repeat, repeat, repeat. Don’t just send it out once and expect a huge response or any response at all. People need to see your ads more than once. They need some variations of the same message and they need to see it in multiple places. Now, I am not suggesting you post the same ad repeatedly every hour on all your social channels or to your email list. However, doing it twice or once a day for a period of time while the campaign is running is very practical.
4. Keep Your Message Clean and Simple: Don’t overload your ad or marketing campaign with an overpowering logo or data that is just not important. Keep your message the main focus. That is what will draw people in…not your logo or your BBB logo or all your awards etc. LESS IS MORE! FOCUS ON YOUR MESSAGE!
5. Have a CLEAR Call To Action: Create only one, I repeat only one clear call to action. If the purpose of your ad is to get folks to follow you on Facebook, then make that your one and only call to action. Don’t ask them to follow you on Facebook and visit your website and follow you on Twitter and follow you on Google +. It’s TOO much. I see folks do this all the time and then they wonder why it doesn’t work. Also, don’t post a phone number, email address, your website and social icons on your ad either. Again, I repeat only ONE crystal clear call to action is necessary. If you want people to visit your website do that. (Just make sure that your website also has a crystal clear message and clear call to action.)
Stick to these 5 key ingredients and your marketing campaigns will be significantly more successful!
Of course if you have any questions or need a consultation/analysis of any marketing campaigns, please feel free to email me at email@example.com and I will be happy to assist you.
What marketing ideas are you working on for 2014? I’d love to hear!
Do you know someone that needs help with their marketing? Please feel free to share this post with them. Thank you.
Cheers, Love & Success,
Get my latest articles delivered to your email boxEach week I reveal key ingredients that will make your small business soar on social media and more.
Amanda BrazelOwner/Expert Social Media Manager for Small Business. Read More.
Amanda Brazel | Digital Media Marketing Done For You