It’s wise to make back ups of everything, including your social media content. It’s valuable to your marketing efforts so don’t risk losing it. Social media is always changing and you never know when or if a network will be available. Here’s how you can back up your content.
I always recommend writing blog posts in Word instead of writing them directly on your website. This accomplishes a couple of things: 1) you get to draft, proof, and edit without making changes to your website, and 2) it creates a back up of your post. Your back up can be saved locally on your machine or in the cloud. Be sure to use a consistent naming convention for these back ups so that you know the title of the piece and where it was published. For example, your filename could be LinkedIn Publisher – Title of Piece – Publish Date.
Whether the video was for Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook, or YouTube, it’s important to save a copy after you publish it. Facebook Live allows you to save a copy, depending on the app you use. Instagram and Snapchat also allow you to save your stories. These videos can be used elsewhere and backing them up means you don’t have to spend time searching for them.
This is very important for your business because testimonials can be used for a number of marketing efforts. Be sure to screenshot your testimonials/reviews placed on social media so that you have a copy and can use them in other marketing materials. Jing and Open Screenshot are great programs to use to capture your testimonials.
Did you know that you can download a copy of your Facebook data? You can download your data from your personal profile and Facebook will email you when your file is ready. You can do the same thing with your Facebook business/fan page. Twitter will also allow you to download a copy of your entire Tweet history as well as LinkedIn.
Don’t let your social media content get lost, back it up today and you’ll save yourself a lot of worry in the future. Backing up your marketing materials is essential to the progress of your business. To learn more or to schedule a consultation, contact me today.
Cheers, Love and Success,
LinkedIn is a great way to grow your business, gain exposure, set yourself apart from your competition and be seen as an expert by your peers. It’s time to put your fears aside and jump in with both feet! Here are 5 marketing tips to grow your business on LinkedIn.
Keeping your profile updated is important so that prospective clients know that you’re active online. Things often change, sometimes quickly, in your business and it’s important to document those on your profile. The same is true for your profile photo and your headline. Add links to articles, lead pages with free reports, and show photographs of your office and more. Really beef up that profile and make it stand out.
On LinkedIn, you make connections instead of friends or followers. Your network is important to the growth of your business because it’s full of prospective clients or those who can recommend your products/services to friends, family, or colleagues. Be selective with who you add to your network, however, to make sure you’re building a quality network.
Consistently publish articles to your LI profile to gain exposure. Once you do this, your original content becomes a part of your professional profile. It’s also seen among your connections with a notification. Publishing on LI helps you been seen as an expert in your field, helps you grow your following and again sets you apart from you competition.
Endorsements are like reviews of your products/services so be sure to leverage them. Take some time to put together a comprehensive list of skills and experience you have and add them to your profile. Your connections will be able to endorse or confirm that you, in fact, possess those skills and experiences, which will increase your visibility within the network.
Search and join groups that contain like-minded people and your target market. Be sure to interact on a regular basis to build a rapport with the other members. This is a great way to position yourself and your business as an expert in your niche and you’ll build credibility along the way.
Social media marketing is constantly changing, making it hard to keep up with the latest. That’s where I come in. I keep up with all the changes so you don’t have to. Contact me today for your consultation to see how I can help market you and your business effectively on LinkedIn.
Cheers, Love and Success,
Do you want to organically grow your social media profiles more consistently? Do you want to massively increase organic traffic to your website? Would you like to establish yourself as the ‘go-to-expert’ in your niche and business among colleagues and potential clients or patients?
Well, if you said yes to the above questions then read on because this will make a MASSIVE improvement to your business. Now, how do I know this? Because I’ve seen it with my own eyes for myself and my clients.
So, here are 7 action items that I recommend you either share with your web designer or you can do this yourself. This will most certainly help you accomplish what most business owners want…more organic website traffic, more organic fans and followers on social networks, more authority in their field or niche as well as more business.
Here we grow: Organically Grow Your Social Media & Business: 7 Must Have Ingredients Your Website Needs Now! (I’ve also included a photo of my blog for a visual of what you will want it to look like.)
1. Write a weekly blog post: Writing a weekly blog can bring in new business, fans and followers as well as help you increase your search engine optimization, grow on your social networks and establish YOUR business as the go to business in your industry or niche. I’ve seen this with my business as well as our clients. It works. So, make this a big part of your social media marketing strategy and stop making excuses and talking yourself out of doing this. This is an incredible way to grow your business. This is also called ‘Marketing’, which is something you either need to do yourself or hire someone to do for you. Experts recommend that established business spend 2 hours a day on marketing their business (newer business 4-6 hours per day.) The benefits this will bring to your business (if done well) will blow you away.
2. Showcase your social profiles: This is a must ingredient for sure. How can you expect to grow on social media if you have teeney tiny social profile icons/links on the very bottom of your website. HELLO! I visit websites all the time via a blog post or link and there are NO social media icons anywhere or they are teeney tiny at the bottom of the page. You want your social profiles to stand out. Let folks know what networks you are on and make it easy for them to start following you. People are not going to dig around to find you. Trust me, each week you will watch your networks grow and grow if you add this piece. I recommend adding your Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or whichever platforms you are on to the right sidebar of your blog page.
3. Get Ready, Get Set…Go VIRAL: Yes, your small business can go viral too. Again, I’ve seen this in my business as well as our clients. Your content can get shared and shared and shared. It’s incredible, rewarding and fun to see. But first you have to have the best plugin for sharing and that is called the Flare plugin and it works fantastic. You will want to feature it in three places: the top, side and bottom of each blog post. Here are some of the benefits of having a high quality share plug in: 1. It makes it super easy for folks to share your info on their social networks. 2. You will drive a great deal more traffic to your website. 2. You will drive a great deal of more traffic to your social media profiles. 3. People will spread the word for you about your business. 4. Again, you will establish better credibility and more!
4. Get rid of your About Us page: Instead of that, say Meet John, or Meet Your Team. That is more friendly and inviting. People have literally written me to say they love that I say Meet Amanda. That says a lot! The truth is we’ve all seen the ‘About Us’ page and it is played out. So, change it up and make sure you have a link with your photo and/or your teams photo on the right sidebar. This is an inviting way to help people learn more about you and this happens to be one of my highest viewed page. So, don’t underestimate the value and benefit of having this stand out.
5. Encourage comments: End each blog post with a question to your audience and make it easy for folks to respond. A good quality plug in for this is called Disqus. This allows folks to comment directly to you. You can set it so you have to approve every comment, so you don’t have to worry. Hint: people do not like to respond publicly, so get rid of a Facebook or other social media related plugin. Most folks don’t want all their comments all over their social networks. So, use Disqus.
6. Encourage more reading and longer website visits: This is a great feature on your blog that makes recommendations to your audience about what other articles/blogs they might like to read about. It’s called ‘related posts’ and it will provide easy to access links to other articles. This is also included with the Disqus plugin mentioned above.
7. Create an opt in box: Invite new fans to join your free weekly updates, newsletters, free PDF giveaways, reports, or eBook for more information. This is a great way to build your email list, generate more business, build stronger relationships and establish more authority in your niche. (You will also want to make sure you are consistent and email your fans each week.) I recommend placing this box near the very top of the right sidebar.
Remember it’s just like a tree…it first starts with a few seeds, sunlight, water and nurturing. It doesn’t growovernight, but little by little it grows into a mighty strong tall standing tree that can stand the test of time.
Do you know friends or fans that can benefit from this information? Please feel free to share a flare!!
Cheers, Love and Success,
Instagram is my new obsession. Instagram is a social network that allows you to is tell a story about your life and business through photos.
You can connect with other like minded folks either locally or from across the world and it has been a great resource for me. I’ve been making new connections that have helped me grow my business as well as drive more traffic to my blogs post, other social networks and my website. Not only has this been a wonderful tool for business it has also been so much fun connecting with new folks from around the world about topics I am passionate about.
As I’ve been exploring Instagram I’ved learn several key tips that will help you grow your followers quickly and easily. So, let’s get started and talk about what will help you grow on Instagram
Tip #1. Post a snapshot on Instagram and then share it to Facebook and Twitter from Instagram. This will get folks to click on your photo link and that may prompt them to pop over to your profile and start following you. (Hint: you can tweak your comment by deleting some of the hashtags out to meet your 140 characters and to eliminate them from your Facebook posts.) ***First post the photo to Instagram, then go back in and share it after you’ve already posted. Then all you have to do is change the text.
Tip #2. Share your Instagram profile on other social networks and invite folks to follow you. A great way to do this is on Facebook and post this: “Are we friends on Instagram yet? I’d love to connect with you.” Add a link www.Instagram.com/AmandaBrazel and then put a great photo of your profile to attract new followers, like this.
Tip #3. Add an Instagram plug in to your sidebar on your website or blog. Another great way to encourage more followers is to have a plug in on your blog or website side bars. While people are visiting your website it’s a great idea to encourage new followers and allows people to access your profile and follow you directly.
Tip #4. Put an Instagram icon on your website. Have your web designer add an icon on your website that is linked to your Instagram account. You never know when people will feel called to connect with you in other ways, that is why it’s good to have your social icons in multiple places. (**Hint: always post your social icons on all pages, and at the top and bottom footers. Many people often make the mistake of making them super tiny and placing that at the bottom of the page.)
Tip #5. Find people or businesses that interest you and connect. The key here is to visit other people’s or business’s profiles, then start going through their photos and like a bunch of them. Also, make a comment or two. Of course make sure it is genuine and be authentic. People can smell it if you only WANT something. Lead with giving! After you like several of their photos, give them a follow. They will then see that you liked a bunch of their photos because your name will pop up repeatedly in their feed. This is a great way to attract new followers. 90% of the time they will follow you back and if they like your photos they will most likely like a bunch of your photos too. This is an amazing way to grow. Do this for 5 minutes each day. You will grow by leaps and bounds if you implement this tip!
Cheers, Love and Success,
Passionate Social Media Manager, Consultant, Trainer, Blogger, Pure Barre Life, Clean Foods Enthusiast, Lover of Life & People, Happy Wife & Mom of 3..
In this video Amanda gives a local business owner, Real Estate Agent Ken Rankin an assessment and critique of his Facebook Business Page as well as his website.
You will find valuable tips and ideas that will help you no matter what your business is.
The key is not to get frustrated…constant improvement is a part of growing your successful business! You are already on your way. I believe in you!
Thank you for being here with me today and feel free to share a flare with your fans.
Cheers, Love & Success,
Passionate Social Media Manager | Consultant | Trainer | Blogger | Pure Barre Life | Clean Foods Enthusiast | Lover of Life & People | Happy Wife & Mom of 3.
As we all know first impressions matter and whether we realize it or not people are sizing us up in a matter of seconds when they first meet us and now the same is true with social media. The key about social media is to think about it as a big online networking party, so you want to bring your A game and make sure you’re not turning fans away.
So, I’ve put together a two questions along with several photos that will help you really decide if you need to make some changes.
Question #1: What is Your Brand Personality: We all have personalities and your social profiles express a personality too. So, the first step is to identify and define what your personality is. Is your brand or business personality: Hip, Fun, Professional, Warm, Loving, Cool, Relaxed, Healthy, Happy, Grunge, Arty, Spiritual, Loving, Supportive, etc. For example if you are the band KISS, you are going to have a much different vibe than Taylor Swift just like if you are a lawyer your brand and image is going to be much different from a personal trainer or massage therapist. Get the drift?
Question #2: What do you want your fans, followers, clients and potential clients to sense about you in seconds of seeing your photo(s). Do you want them to know that you are a strong, successful, powerhouse or do you want them to know that you have a soft, loving, caring and have a warm personality? Again, a mortgage broker handling my finances needs to have a professional brand identity verses the fun tour guide that is going to take me on a hike through the mountains on vacation.
Photos are very powerful and visuals evoke instant emotion, so think about what you want your first impression to be and make sure they are congruent on all of your social platforms.
Here is an example of a before and after of one of our clients.
Take a good look at all your social profile photos. What do they represent about you? Ask a few people to give you feedback. As a business owner it always helps to get feedback from others because oftentimes we are just too attached and close to our own businesses. We all need a new perspective from time to time.
This will help you start to attract more of the right fans and followers as well as make sure you don’t turn off them either.
Cheers, Love & Success,
Amanda Brazel | Digital Media Marketing Done For You