I’ve developed amazing friendships with people I’ve never met, I’ve forged partnerships, and have also connected with other colleagues in my niche that have helped my business. In addition to business, I’ve found great products that I’ve bought and honestly I would never have found those products otherwise. So, simply put…I LOVE Instagram. I love Instagram as a business owner and I love Instagram as a consumer. It’s easy to use and it’s so much fun especially when you use it in a manner that really serves your followers as well as your business.
So, here are some pretty awesome tips that are going to help you super charge your Instagram marketing.
1. Create a Dynamite Bio That Grabs Attention: I know you’ve heard it before, but still I see so many folks with out a great bio. Your bio is valuable real estate that tells folks about who you are, what you like and/or what your business is about. This is basically your message to the world, expressing why they should follow and connect with you.
Personally, I use my Instagram account for personal and business together. I post many personal photos in order to let people get to know the real me and I mix in my work with inspiration and helpful information that serves others.
Here is an image that reflects how to create a dynamite bio that really grabs attention. Again, YOUR bio should speak about what YOU want it to reflect. This is also something you can change. I’ve changed my bio many times. I enjoy changing it up and bit and find it fun, especially as my likes and new hobbies change. So, play around with it. Make sure you use the extra bolded text and note that it’s NOT a repeat of my name. It’s what I do and my profile user name is my personal name. I also use emoticans to have fun (I love to have fun) and they make, what you LOVE stand out. Remember, people will follow you based on what you love. Like attracts like.
So, understand that there are many steps that you will need to set up before you invite followers. Again, first impressions only happen ONCE!
a. As I said above, you need to create your dynamite bio. Make sure you have your secondary name that is different from your profile name and be sure to list our what you love and what you do. There are many many ways to make your BIO stand out. Take time to look at other popular folks that have very large followings on Instagram to get ideas.
b. Then you want to take several photos in order to make sure that when folks see your profile they know immediately what they will be seeing from you if they decide to follow you. Again, first impressions only happen once! ***One note here that is very important…as the amazing Instagram expert Jenn Herman says, “A picture says a thousand words – so what do you want your Instagram photos to say? What do you want your Instagram message to be?” I recommend you read her blog post about creating your photos around what you want your Instagram message to be. You DO NOT just want to start taking photos and throwing them up without any thought or strategy.
3. Follow Your Competition: It’s a great and wise move to follow your competition or the power houses in your industry or niche. This was you can connect with them, learn from them as well as praise them. Social Media can be very generous and even though it may be your competition…in many situations they may even share your content or products. So, don’t be afraid to follow and praise your competition.
4. Repost or Share Photos with Repost App: Download Repost App on your smartphone. This will allow you to easily repost other Instagram followers photos and share them with your audience. Of course this will get the attention of the person’s content you’ve shared. This can do wonders for your business. As I said earlier, Social Media can be very generous when practiced authentically and ethically. This only helps your business and brand when you recognize and celebrate others.
Download the Repost App to your smart phone and then connect it to your Instagram account. From there you can repost photos easily. It’s like sharing on Facebook or Retweeting on Twitter. This credits the person’s photo and allows their followers to learn more about their business or person you are reposting.
Here is a repost of Woof Gang Bakery here in our local community. I love dogs and I love helping local businesses grow!
So, for example…let’s say that you have a small company that sells children’s clothing online. If I were you I would look up other very popular complimentary businesses that have huge followings like Zulily, Hanna Andersson or the like. Then look at who is following that business. Click on their name, scroll through their photos, like several of them (be genuine) and then give them a follow too.
What happens is your Instagram profile will GET NOTICED because you gave them 3-5 likes on their photos and followed them. If they love children’s clothing and they like your style, than chances are they will start following you too. BAM! Do this little by little everyday and you will have a massive following before you know it.
(Now, one thing you definitely DO NOT WANT TO DO…is write a comment to them plugging your clothing and telling them to check you out…that is called SPAM and feels so ICKY.) Be casual, be genuine and like what you like. Believe me, if you have cute clothing and a great business people will want to follow you and ultimately buy from you as well. Hopefully you get my point here. If you want to learn even more than I recommend you read about my other blog post called: Grow FAST On Instagram With These 6 Tips.
However, that aside, this is a great way to get more exposure for your brand, bring more followers on board and even sell more products when you ask your fans to show off your product on their own profile.
Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read this post and if you have a tip that can help other super charge their Instagram Marketing, please share it in the comments below. We’d love to hear from you.
Cheers, Love and Success,
However, networking takes time. Time you can never get back. So, bring your A game and learn some power tips that will help you make the most of your time especially in the social media world. Now that social media is such a huge part of our daily lives, you are also socially networking after the event.
In this blog post I will share:
1. Update Your Head Shots and Profile Photos: Before you head to your next networking event make sure you update your head shots and all your profile photos on your social networks. You don’t want to have an old outdated photo when you had long hair and now you have short hair or let’s say you’ve aged 20 years, but you are still holding onto your younger days. Let it go and show off who you are now. You will be more easily recognized and remembered when folks reach out again after the event. ***Tip: Add your photo to your business card, this will make you stand out and you’ll be remembered easily.
2. Update All Your Social Networks: It’s a good idea to make sure all of your social networks are updated, have the correct contact information and also highlight your expertise and work. Folks want to know you are the real deal before they will open their wallet and work with you or before they refer you to their network.
3. Add a Testimonial to the Back of Your Business Card: This is another great way to stand out at a networking event. This gives your potential client an instant sense of what results you bring to the table.
4. Add Your Social Icons & Unique URL’s to Your Business Card: Adding social icons and your unique URL links to your cards helps folks find you right away because let’s face it sometimes you go back to your computer search for someone on Facebook or LinkedIn and can’t find them. This will insure they do and you can further your relationship.
5. Think Relationship First: Don’t lead with asking for business or referrals after your networking event on social channels. This is so tacky. Build relationships first, find ways in which you can help, give referrals and focus more on what you give which will naturally lead to receiving.
6. Interact on Social Networks by Sharing and Giving Shout Outs: The highest compliment you can give on social media is shout outs and sharing content. So, find content that you love from folks you want to network with and share it on your networks. Tag that person in your post and give them a shout out. This is a great way to get noticed and build social rapport.
What are your networking power tips as it relates to social media? I’d love to hear from you and feel free to share a flare and help your friends improve their game.
Cheers, Love & Success,
In this video Amanda gives a local business owner, Real Estate Agent Ken Rankin an assessment and critique of his Facebook Business Page as well as his website.
You will find valuable tips and ideas that will help you no matter what your business is.
The key is not to get frustrated…constant improvement is a part of growing your successful business! You are already on your way. I believe in you!
Thank you for being here with me today and feel free to share a flare with your fans.
Cheers, Love & Success,
Passionate Social Media Manager | Consultant | Trainer | Blogger | Pure Barre Life | Clean Foods Enthusiast | Lover of Life & People | Happy Wife & Mom of 3.
As we all know first impressions matter and whether we realize it or not people are sizing us up in a matter of seconds when they first meet us and now the same is true with social media. The key about social media is to think about it as a big online networking party, so you want to bring your A game and make sure you’re not turning fans away.
So, I’ve put together a two questions along with several photos that will help you really decide if you need to make some changes.
Question #1: What is Your Brand Personality: We all have personalities and your social profiles express a personality too. So, the first step is to identify and define what your personality is. Is your brand or business personality: Hip, Fun, Professional, Warm, Loving, Cool, Relaxed, Healthy, Happy, Grunge, Arty, Spiritual, Loving, Supportive, etc. For example if you are the band KISS, you are going to have a much different vibe than Taylor Swift just like if you are a lawyer your brand and image is going to be much different from a personal trainer or massage therapist. Get the drift?
Question #2: What do you want your fans, followers, clients and potential clients to sense about you in seconds of seeing your photo(s). Do you want them to know that you are a strong, successful, powerhouse or do you want them to know that you have a soft, loving, caring and have a warm personality? Again, a mortgage broker handling my finances needs to have a professional brand identity verses the fun tour guide that is going to take me on a hike through the mountains on vacation.
Photos are very powerful and visuals evoke instant emotion, so think about what you want your first impression to be and make sure they are congruent on all of your social platforms.
Here is an example of a before and after of one of our clients.
Take a good look at all your social profile photos. What do they represent about you? Ask a few people to give you feedback. As a business owner it always helps to get feedback from others because oftentimes we are just too attached and close to our own businesses. We all need a new perspective from time to time.
This will help you start to attract more of the right fans and followers as well as make sure you don’t turn off them either.
Cheers, Love & Success,
Amanda Brazel | Digital Media Marketing Done For You