However, networking takes time. Time you can never get back. So, bring your A game and learn some power tips that will help you make the most of your time especially in the social media world. Now that social media is such a huge part of our daily lives, you are also socially networking after the event.
In this blog post I will share:
1. Update Your Head Shots and Profile Photos: Before you head to your next networking event make sure you update your head shots and all your profile photos on your social networks. You don’t want to have an old outdated photo when you had long hair and now you have short hair or let’s say you’ve aged 20 years, but you are still holding onto your younger days. Let it go and show off who you are now. You will be more easily recognized and remembered when folks reach out again after the event. ***Tip: Add your photo to your business card, this will make you stand out and you’ll be remembered easily.
2. Update All Your Social Networks: It’s a good idea to make sure all of your social networks are updated, have the correct contact information and also highlight your expertise and work. Folks want to know you are the real deal before they will open their wallet and work with you or before they refer you to their network.
3. Add a Testimonial to the Back of Your Business Card: This is another great way to stand out at a networking event. This gives your potential client an instant sense of what results you bring to the table.
4. Add Your Social Icons & Unique URL’s to Your Business Card: Adding social icons and your unique URL links to your cards helps folks find you right away because let’s face it sometimes you go back to your computer search for someone on Facebook or LinkedIn and can’t find them. This will insure they do and you can further your relationship.
5. Think Relationship First: Don’t lead with asking for business or referrals after your networking event on social channels. This is so tacky. Build relationships first, find ways in which you can help, give referrals and focus more on what you give which will naturally lead to receiving.
6. Interact on Social Networks by Sharing and Giving Shout Outs: The highest compliment you can give on social media is shout outs and sharing content. So, find content that you love from folks you want to network with and share it on your networks. Tag that person in your post and give them a shout out. This is a great way to get noticed and build social rapport.
What are your networking power tips as it relates to social media? I’d love to hear from you and feel free to share a flare and help your friends improve their game.
Cheers, Love & Success,
Get my latest articles delivered to your email boxEach week I reveal key ingredients that will make your small business soar on social media and more.
Amanda BrazelOwner/Expert Social Media Manager for Small Business. Read More.
Amanda Brazel | Digital Media Marketing Done For You